Monday 25 September 2017

Same Sex Marriage Delarations

I will not be sharing how I vote on SSM on Facebook or any other social media site. How I vote is my business, no one else's. 

I don't have the urge to join the public declaration crowd. Why? Because I don't need anyone’s validation on whether I'm doing the right or wrong thing. The only person I have to justify my decision to is myself. 

More importantly I have friends in both camps. Friends I greatly respect along with respecting their right to hold their views. I won't be pushing my opinion down their throats. Or trying to guilt trip them into changing their minds as some have attempted to do. 

When I read declarations from people stating they will no longer associate with people based on how they vote I think debate has reached a whole new level of crazy. I judge people for who they are not what they believe. On how they treat others and how they treat me. So, I will still think my friends are awesome whether they vote Yes or No. Ticking a box won't change that.