Monday 16 November 2015

A Weird Mob or Simply Bullies?

I was reminded of Nino Culotta’s book titled They’re A Weird Mob yesterday. I was trying to make sense of the some of the treatment handed out to people on social media and for some reason the title popped into my head. 

My Twitter timeline was invaded yesterday by a person unfamiliar to me. I was watching the Bolt Report and in particular Bolt’s interview with Tony Abbott. Bolt was trying unsuccessfully to wedge Mr Abbott on a number points not the least being the Islamic Terrorist issue. Bolt raised the Quran suggesting it gives terrorists license to justify acts of terror. Mr Abbott responded “The devil can quote scripture for his purpose”. I thought it was a really good response  and I tweeted it along with the comment that Mr Abbott slam dunked Bolt. In chimes the troll with this, “or a biased take on any quote”. Given it was, Mr Abbott’s quote, which I repeated word for word, I endeavoured to politely clarify the point. You be the judge. 

Up pops the little troll again with this gem, “that’s not the point you Twitter screamer, rambling on it’s a slam dunk is just rubbish”. Hmm, so firstly the quote was a biased take and when point out it wasn’t I’m a Twitter screamer.  Now, I should have just left it that, but stupidly I didn’t. But, I thought I was rather polite in saying “Well, simply ignore me and take your mindless little comments elsewhere.” But the troll didn’t take the hint and started to ramp it. Hence the following dialogue ensured. 

Now I’ll confess my closing comments were sarcastic. But seriously, I’m fed up with this rubbish and my tolerance level is at a very low ebb. I will justify it in saying sarcasm worked where all else failed and the little troll left. Big sigh of relief. Oh, silly, silly me. Entrance stage right, the exLib rear guard. 


So I am supposed to take crap from people but if I respond, I'm a Turnbull butt kisser and Islam apologist???? I thought long and hard before blocking out the name of my assailant and I’m sharing this merely to point out the hypocrisy of some exLib Twitter bullies. Next time for what it is worth I will name them. I've had enough of sanctimonious bullies like this. Those who regularly refer to others as morons and imbeciles and worst still ‘idiotic Turnbull Butt lickers’ (yes, she uses that term as well, regularly) and it’s about time they climbed down off their high horses and minded their own bloody business. They troll Liberal accounts and chime in with attacks all too frequently. I should mention my assailant only unblocked me a couple of weeks back after one of her regular blocking events. I think my latest blocking is number four. I am so pleased she feels good, she has obviously set very low personal expectations for herself lol. 

There are some lovely exLibs out there, but sadly there is a small group out who are intent on making the lives of LNP supporters on Twitter a misery. Someone said to me recently after a particularly vicious attack, it’s social media you have to expect it. Another even suggested people are still angry because of the leadership change. Well, I don’t know why I should have to expect it and I certainly don’t know why someone else's anger is justification for them to call me a Turnbull Butt licker and worse in some cases. More importantly, why SHOULD I have to tolerate it!!! I don't use language like that. 

I so in closing, perhaps confusing people like that with a Weird Mob is being overly generous now that I think about it. They are not weird. They are merely sad bitter little people with nothing better to do with their sad little lives than go around attacking people from their self-appointed moral high ground. I don’t know whether I should despise them, pity them or be revolted by them. What I do know is, I am not caving into them. Not now, not ever.