Sunday 18 December 2016

If You Come Across An Angel

Something different today from my usual political rant. This day twelve months ago I said my final goodbyes to my husband. It was the second hardest day of my life. So today has been a day of reflection, memories and sharing. It was a result of that sharing that I came across this piece.

If You Come Across An Angel

Every day, in the world around us, real-life angels are doing the things they do and bringing more smiles to the world around them.

Real-life angels build bridges instead of walls. They don't have hidden agendas. They tend to be the ones who understand what you're going through. If they sense that you're hurting, they do whatever they can to help you. Real-life angels understand difficulties and always give the benefit of the doubt.

They don’t hold others up to standards they can't live by themselves. They are what “inner beauty” is all about. They don't hold things against you. They only thing they hold.. is you ..

They take your hand in theirs when you could use some guidance and direction in your life. And they support you in your attempts to do what is right.

Real-life angels multiply your smiles and add to your integrity. If you if You Come Across An Angel, you are one of the luckiest people of all. If someone in your life is like an angel to you, it's important to thank them … for the blessing.


~ Douglas Pagels

I've been blessed in having many angels in my life. Both real-life and the other kind. I wouldn't have got through the last twelve months without them. It made me think that perhaps that is what is wrong with our world today. We have too few real-life angels. People who really care and are there to help us up when we are hurting or struggling. To hold out a hand when we fall and to help us back on the path when we stray.

So as we head into the final few days before Christmas and then onto New Year and the resolutions we all make, my wish would be. That more and more people made a resolution to be a real-life angel in 2017 and beyond. What a wonderful world we would see emerge if they did. My resolution will be, to at try and do more than I do to help others who need it.

To quote John Lennon. "You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will be as one."