Friday 23 December 2016

A Government in Disarray

So we end 2016 with the continuation of depressing headlines about the LNP Government.  Front and centre, we have Mr Abbott laying the blame squarely at the feet of Mr Turnbull, pointing the finger with claims “it's all his fault.” Laying down the challenge that Liberal unity is Malcolm Turnbull’s duty. Wise words from someone who was incapable of holding the party together himself. 

I'm fast reaching the view that no one can hold this party together. Abbott certainly couldn't, Turnbull can't. There are too many factions who are simply not willing to compromise. We have far too many 'look at me' 'look at me' inflated egos sitting on the backbench. There are certainly far too many manipulating behind the scenes; within Government, Federal and States. Then we have the deal makers. It's a sodding mess.  

The attitude of some that it's my way or else is endemic. The constant veiled threats of 'I'm going to take my ball and play in another field' if you don't meet my demands are frankly childish. Malcolm Turnbull should haul the likes of Bernardi, Christensen and even Abbott into his office and read the riot act. “Pull your heads in or blasted well go. Enough of the games.” If they walk and that means we go back to the polls, so be it. Labor will romp in and probably stay there for fifty blasted years. 

I’ve reached the point of beyond caring. Why should I continue to defend this bunch of self absorbed egotist? I'm disgusted with the lot of them. I mean the lot of them. As for those holding Turnbull totally responsible for this, wake up! Yes, he played a role but this mess isn't just down to one person. One way or another, they are all to blame. Voters who continue to play the game of ‘voter roulette’ and want to continue the old ‘oh we don’t like him chuck him out we want another’ are equally at fault for geeing up the renegades. 

The tragedy is, some of the good things that have been achieved over the past few months get lost in the wash. The duplicity of Labor hardly gets a mention and therefore the challenges besetting the country because of that are rarely discussed. 

To quote an old Aussism. The place has gone to the dogs. 

I hope you have a Merry Christmas because I very much doubt we’ll be having a very Happy New Year if we continue to go down the same path.