Saturday 16 April 2016

Stop Whining & Do Something Constructive


For the life of me I cannot see the point of people invading my Twitter timeline and moaning about Malcolm Turnbull.  I don't care if they hate him or not. I'm not overly enthusiastic about him myself. 

If people are as they say Liberal supporters, but they hate Malcolm Turnbull they could get off their butts and try to help fix the problems we are facing. That includes pushing Turnbull and the government to get his act together. Seriously what do people hope to achieve with silly childish comments like calling him Turdbull. 

All parties use social media to gather intelligence and gauge reactions. So how about articulating your opinions on...

  • What do you expect. 
  • What needs to be improved. 
  • What needs to be addressed etc. 

I’m guessing if people are true Liberals albeit unhappy ones, they would prefer to see the Liberals win the election. The alternative is gambling on some other group with the risk of Labor gaining power. You can’t always trust micros to do the right thing as we've discovered to our detriment. Another Labor Government would be a nightmare. Just think of the three top positions filled by;  Shorten PM, Bowen Treasurer and Plibersek Foreign Minister.  It's akin to the Nightmare on Elm Street. 

How about these for a radical ideas.  Using time effectively putting the pressure on Shorten? To a true Liberal, Labor is the ‘enemy’ not ourselves. Actively campaigning Senators who won't help in delivering on essential Liberal Govt’s policies has merit. Lobbying the media (to keep the media honest) is worth a shot. That's probably a tall order but people can at the very least step up and help inform people. After all a large percentage of voters get their news from social media. 

But, if in fact they are truly exLibs I wish they would complain amongst themselves rather than to me. Perhaps some could even cheer themselves up and have a bit of fun coming up with the best whinge the day. 

It's fair to say some exLibs have bolted and joined other parties. Great, but I do tire of them ramming their new found enlightenment down my throat. The ‘vote ALA’ tags are both comical and annoying. I’ve made my decision. I’m not the slightest bit interested in fringe one policy (despite pretending they aren’t) micro parties. 

So in short, whining to me achieves nothing, except possibly making the Whiner’s feel better. Comprendre?  Zip, zilch, zero just a big fat waste of time and energy; yours and mine. Because when my timeline is invaded I’m left to plow through the vents to get to the stuff I’m interested in. All that does is leave me pee’d off. 

I suppose I’ve just had a monumental whine myself. But unless you choose to read this, it will remain my whine and I haven’t invaded anyone's timeline (uninvited) doing it.