Thursday, 24 September 2026

I’m NOT Angry - I’m DISGUSTED

People keep saying Australians are angry with the government.

I’m not angry. I’m disgusted & frankly, appalled.

There is a difference. 


Anger is emotional. What I feel is far more considered — a judgement formed from watching what has happened to this country & the decisions that have brought us here.


If I am angry with anyone collectively, it is voters.


Not simply the 34.56% who put Labor number 1 on their ballot paper in 2025, but those whose preferences ultimately helped return Labor to government, including people who continue to describe themselves as conservatives.


And from what I observe on this platform, considered conservatism is increasingly being overtaken by mob mentality.


Conservatism values personal responsibility, individual judgement, institutional stability & respect for the rule of law. It values fairness & truth, individual freedom & protection of the most vulnerable, fiscal responsibility, honesty & morality.


Blind allegiance to a political personality or joining a pile-on because the crowd demands it is something quite different.


That is not conservatism.


There seems to be a convenient belief that if you didn’t put Labor first, you bear no responsibility for the eventual result.


Preferential voting doesn’t work that way.


Labor ultimately received 55.22% of the national two-party-preferred vote.


We are all entitled to vote however we choose. But with that choice comes ownership of its consequences.


You cannot simultaneously disown the government you helped elect & absolve yourself because Labor wasn’t your first preference.


Political accountability doesn’t begin & end with politicians.


It belongs to voters too.


You made your choice.


Own it.